May 14, 2011

High-School Reunion

Images from daily reads: golestaneh-streetstyle, Stockolm Streetstyle, Street Peeper, La Parisienne by Ines de la Fresange

We have all received that wonderful invitation. As this summer approached, I am sure that you have or will very soon. The college/high-school reunion is that amazingly cool opportunity amidst a femme's tress busy life to meet up with the most amazing people from academia. The girls that you wish to have within your city lines. Yes, I want to see my awesome friends on the weekends again!

So perhaps it's a little difficult to say it out loud, but the only worry about the event is what to wear to it. Je voudrais penser que je suis profonde et intellectuelle. Styling should come naturally, as an afterthought, perhaps. Who are we fooling?!  Of course it's not effortless! I'd look like a crumpled cow or wear PJs every day if it were not for some dose of effort!

What do you recommend? 


Oui, mes chers lecteurs, je suis puzzled, perhaps even loosing resting time over what to wear. La reunion is very informal, decidedly unofficial at Central Park on a rainy weekend afternoon. The uniform may not hold: Silk blouse+Pants+Low heel+Trench, nor Button-down+Jeans/Studded pants+Jacket. That is la raison why it is helpful to maintain a collection of favorite images from which to draw inspiration. Given the need for water-proof footwear, a dress is ruled out. While editing the collage, i seemed to gravitate to one particular variation: Shirt layered under Sweater + Dark Pants + Trench/Pop of color. Perhaps a vintage bright Pucci-esque nylon shirt + camel/beige sweater + Dark Pants + Red duck shoes (yes shoes! not boots) + Khaki trench = Reunion at the park!

Below is a variation of the collage as the sort of process by which the idea developed:

Images from daily reads: golestaneh-streetstyle, Stockolm Streetstyle, Street Peeper, La Parisienne by Ines de la Fresange


What did/would you wear in a similar situation?


Bisous,

La Copine inutilement inquiets <3

2 comments:

  1. I think the look all the way on the left with the brown bag and navy blue coat would be nice. Its the perfect balance between formal and informal. To me the look says "I'm doing fine," and I have a job where I can support myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebony Bolt:
    Thank you and thanks for stopping by =).
    I agree with you about that look. I think that the great quality of the garments in that photo translate as the I'm doing well, part while the styling shows the effortless, casual-enough part.

    ReplyDelete

Merci.