Jun 7, 2009

Happy Birthday on a Rooftop!!


Photobucket

There's something funny about birthdays. It's nice to celebrate my existence, but It really is the anniversary of when my mother was in labor forever. So while this is the day when to get just about everything I want, the one who should really is Mother.

She sound like every other mom, but that's just about where the stereotype ends. The woman is brilliant with numbers, finances, economics, etc. Can she sit through a movie, or a book, or a 3-sentence note? Maybe not. Is she awesome? Yes. I still miss her gorgeous fitted suits in every color under the sun, her nice Nina heels, and the flowing, long, silky wavy honey brown hair, and the newspaper social pages with her in her corporate looks. Most of these looks included something thrifted or custom made. We still do thrift store weekends when we happen to be in the same town.

Today mom called to ask if i ate. Unlike her, I'm no cook. Good thing that my date cooked. So I said yes. He set up the dining room on the roof-top. Kind of cool huh?




Black acetate sunglasses, Ray Ban polarized Wayfarer; Cotton Tunic, French Connection UK; Spandex leggings, ???; Black pumps; Sofft (I swear by this brand); Cream Bag, Coach Chelsea (it's so beat up and scuffed, totally been through absolute hell and the leather is still buttery soft).

2 comments:

  1. Its your birthday? Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like you had a nice dinner on the rooftop, that's so sweet that your date did that for you! Hope it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so thankful. Haha, otherwise i would have just poured some salad, fries, and tuna =) Though I have no idea how he got that dining set on the roof! The things boys do, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete

Merci.